Friday, January 2, 2009

Visitors Beware!

They say that if something seems too good to be true, it probably is.  I think that definitely goes for a visit to Casa Chen.  Oh, we'll tell you that we have a free guest room.  And as we give you the tour around the house, you will see that the master bedroom and the kids' bedroom  both have en suite bathrooms.  So you might assume that you will have private use of the guest bathroom.  Well, you know what they say.  Don't assume or it will make an ass out of u and me.  In our case, you will just have to see one of our kids' asses.  

Just this afternoon, Michael's cousin Mike was taking a leisurely shower when Ellington burst through the locked door (our kids have ways....), quite anxious to use the potty.  Well, they're both boys, and to be honest, Mike would have been at a slight disadvantage if it came down to an argument.  So, he made no demur and then stood by helplessly while Ellington sat down on the potty and started to go number two.... He's just lucky Ellington didn't ask him to wipe his butt afterwards, is all I have to say.  :-)

Actually, this is just cementing the close relationship between Uncle Mike and Ellington.  In the middle of Mike's stay with us in Las Vegas a couple years ago, we traded the twin bed for a queen, and told him it was because Ellington had accidentally peed on his original bed.  To his credit, Mike didn't even blink.  But for the record, and in Ellington's defense, I have to say that it was just a joke and Ellington had not peed in the bed that day.  Though this doesn't necessarily preclude his having peed on any bed or on any floor in the vicinity any other day.... 

So come on out and visit!  We've got a free guestroom and bathrooms to spare.  But may we suggest that you take really hot showers so the steam can help preserve your modesty?

4 comments:

Nicki Salcedo said...

I'm booking my flight now. You think a golded shower from one of your kids will scare me? Ha!

I do dream of one day not having to worry about anyone's bathroom habits but my own. A girl can (and does) dream.

Kristina said...

I'm not sure I know how to bathe or really do anything in the bathroom without little ones bursting in anyway.

Unknown said...

She didn't mention that dad was the one who wiped the little bugger's ass. Then, apparently, he was not satisfied with the results. He went into the parent's bathroom, took his pants down to his ankles...bent himself over and began wiping again.

Meanwhile, unsuspecting cousin Mike bounded into my bathroom while yelling out ("hey Michael, you mind if I use your hair gel"). He entered the bathroom to his horror to see a little half naked four year old on the floor bent over looking at his ass through the mirror with a piece of toilet paper trying to better clean his ass.

Cousin Mike says: "Ellington, what are you doing?"

To which Ellington says: "I'm cleaning my poo-poo."

At this point, I enter the bathroom and say: "Ellington...what are you doing? I already cleaned your bum bum."

Ellington says: "but I still feel a piece of poo."

Ever the dedicated father, I walk over and wipe him again.

To which an exasperated Ellington moans, "no....no...stick it further in there. you aren't getting it."

Meanwhile cousin Mike now has gel all over his face from laughing so hard.

Unknown said...

OMG! that's a LOT of detail! I just have to say, be happy Ellington is using the potty for #2! Why does my 3 year old refuse to use the potty for #2? its... 'change me into a diaper'... then I can do #2. talk about gross AND environmentally unfriendly. Any tips welcome!